Established in 2013, Music Children Foundation (MCF) aims to provide free-of-charge music programmes for underprivileged children aged 16 or below in Hong Kong.
This allows for learning in an enjoyable environment to help them build their confidence, shape their characters, and help them express themselves through music. Led and instructed by professional musicians, the programmes provide comprehensive music education through the teaching of musical instruments, orchestra and choir training, music appreciation, and attending music and other arts performances to broaden their horizon and enhance their appreciation abilities. Children are encouraged to develop their potential and talents in music on top of their academic studies.
To Introduce music to underprivileged children at an early age and to cultivate their core values towards building a harmonious society.
- To provide an early music education for underprivileged children in Hong Kong, making it an enjoyable experience that builds the children’s confidence, strengthens their character, and enables them to express themselves through music.
- To provide a comprehensive music education program through the teaching of music instruments, music appreciation, and attendance of music and other arts performances, such activities are all conducted under the supervision of professionally-trained musicians.
- To provide an opportunity for children to develop their talents in music alongside their academic studies.
- To engage family members in music-related activities as participants or volunteers to enhance parent-child relationship.
- To foster a life-long interest in the arts through the learning of music.
In Music Children Foundation, we value:
|Modesty & Respect||Respect, appreciate and recognize every individual for his or her talents and abilities.|
|Kindness & Love||Be kind and loving to the children, their parents, colleagues, supporters and associates.|
|Equality & Fairness||Treat people equally regardless of their ages, gender, race and background.|
|Generosity||Be generous in living one’s time and resources to others in need.|
|Acceptance||Welcome children and their families who come from different background, as well as others from across generations into Music Children Foundation, making everyone a worthy member of the community.|
|Community Spirit||Create a close-knit and caring community through working with different groups when delivering the programs of Music Children Foundation.|
|Team Spirit||Work as a team in a caring and friendly environment.|
|Integrity||Use resources with care and prudence to ensure the best possible services for the biggest number of beneficiaries.|
|Creativity||We encourage children to unlock their creativity on music.|
|Excellence||Strive for excellence under professional coaching and a friendly learning environment.|